Happy Labor Day! In honor of the first Labor Day, celebrated in Union Square in New York City on September 5, 1882, here are 8 facts about labor demand in New York City.
- The most in-demand job title: Occupational Therapist
- The most in-demand skill: Microsoft Office
- The most in-demand certification: Certified Registered Nurse
- Average posting period for online job ads: 41 days (1 day longer than the national average)
- Employer with the most job ads in the past 30 days: Staples (3,544 job ads)
- Number of employers currently with online job ads: 17,296
- Average salary range advertised in jobs ads: $51,300 – $62,700
- Company that has advertised the most job ads over the past 4 years: JP Morgan (52,434 online job ads)
See how these facts compare to your city with a free trial of WANTED Analytics – Sign up today!