More than 14,000 employers are currently have online job listings for engineers, one of the most demanded and most difficult-to-recruit fields. Many times, engineers are required to have specific skills related to the industry they work in. We thought it would be interesting to take a look at the most commonly required tools, technologies, and other skill sets in online job ads for engineers.
- Project management
- Microsoft Office
- Product development/management
- Quality Assurance (QA)
- Six Sigma
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Autodesk AutoCAD
- Quality control
- Product design
- Business Process Improvement
In addition, we looked at the certifications most commonly required of engineering candidates.
- Top Secret Sensitive Compartmented Information Clearance (TS/SCI)
- Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET)
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT)
- National Electric Code certification (NEC)
- American Society of Quality (ASQ)
Want more insight on hiring trends and recruiting? Make sure you subscribe to our RSS feed and get our daily Insight articles delivered straight to your inbox!