We've been closely watching the volume of job ads for Recruiters and a new 4-year high was reached in March. More than 6,900 jobs were advertised online for this occupation. Not only is this is a 34% increase compared to last year, but it also represents 62% growth from March 2010 and 219% from March 2009. Just over half – 56% – of all job ads for Recruiters were placed by corporate employers, whereas the remaining 44% were posted by staffing firms and third party recruitment agencies. Hiring demand for both corporate recruiting and staffing firms has increased over the past year. Although, job ads for corporate recruiters has increased about 40% compared to staffing firms which increased 26%.
Hiring Demand for Recruiters – 4 Year Hiring Trend
The metro areas where we saw the most job ads for Recruiters were New York, Chicago, Dallas, Boston and Philadelphia. While all of these locations have seen increases in the number of job ads in March, Philadelphia saw the greatest year-over-year growth at more than 78%.
15 skills that are most commonly required of potential candidates for Recruiter job ads:
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Word
- Oracle HRIS
- Customer relationship management (CRM)
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Excel
- Facilities management
- Applicant tracking software (ATS)
- Contact management
- Data mining
- Social networking sites
- IBM Lotus Notes
- Oracle Java
- Online databases
In addition, the top 5 certifications required by Recruiters are:
- General Educational Development (GED)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR)
- First Aid certification
- Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR)
Some of these skills and certifications may look strange – like job ads for Recruiters that require Java or a CPA. However, when you look at the industries with the most job ads for Recruiters, this might make more sense. The industries with the most demand in March were Computer Design and Programming Services, Real Estate Agents and Brokers, Offices of Certified Public Accountants, Engineering Services, and General Medical and Surgical Hospitals. Many of the accounting businesses that are sourcing for Recruiters prefer that potential candidates have a CPA degree. Also, many employers in technology industries are looking for candidates with technical skills, like Java. Organizations require these specialized talents because they want their recruiting staff to understand the job openings they will be sourcing for and what the positions entail.
Do you have job openings for Recruiters? Or, are you looking for work in recruiting? Find out how hard-to-fill these jobs will be in your area, average salary information, and who is currently hiring for Recruiters with the free, online Hiring Scale.
Links to this article (2)
April 17, 2012 - utalent.com.au
Demand For Recruiters… – UTalent
April 19, 2012 - www.recruitersnation.org
April 12 Issue of Staffing Today Available Now « RecruitersNation